Many of the malas we make utilize gemstones. While selected for unique gorgeous color combinations, the traditional healing properties of stones make for some very meaningful energies in our malas. Below is a listing of some of the stones we use, and the properties they have been noted to possess:
- Amazonite- helps to harmonize apparently different motivations and interests by bringing the truth to light without emotionality, and allowing one to see another point of view. Good for meditation and inner work to clarify inner conflicts and confusion and integrate the self.
- Tigereye- promotes clear-eyed vision. It helps us see ourselves and the world around us more perceptively. Like the great cat it's named for, this gemstone knows the importance of being attentive. When we keep our eyes wide open, we are more apt to act appropriately and at the appropriate moment. Let it remind you: stop, look and listen before you do any leaping
- Amethyst- Leonardo Da Vinci once wrote that amethyst holds the power to dissipate evil thoughts and quicken one's intelligence! Cross-culturally, this popular gemstone was used as a symbol of peace and unification. It is also thought to evoke feelings of serenity and calmness in those who wear it.
- Quartz- the most useful and versatile of stones for metaphysical work. It has the unique property of being “programmable”, meaning you can infuse it with your intention and then it will amplify it, working on your behalf to manifest it in the world. It also acts to amplify the energies of any other stone you are working with.
- Agate- earth stones with a low intensity, offering gentle grounding & stability
- Jasper- known metaphysically as a stone of gentleness, comfort, and relaxation. When its protective energies are also considered, it's no wonder jasper is sometimes called the "nurturing stone."
- Howlite- super-calming stone and many people use it to relieve stress of all kinds. It makes an excellent antidote to insomnia due to an overactive mind. A calming & grounding earth stone.
- Hematite- the most powerful stone to use for grounding. It can help you clear away confusion and orient you toward practical action in the real world. Absorbs and clears negative energy within yourself, as well as repelling negativity coming towards you.
- Aventurine- known as the “Lucky Talisman” or “Stone of Opportunity” for its good luck properties. Its deeper purpose is help you release old habits and patterns so you are ready for new opportunities and growth and can move forward with confidence.
- Jet- Jet is a stone kind to people in difficulty and fear and has a very calming energy. Healing grief is a primary purpose for jet in the emotional realm. It brings grief to the surface in a gentle manner to be alleviated and healed with the protection of sympathy and comfort. Jet also eases anxiety and depression, calming anxious or fearful thinking as well as delusions. Ease of anxiety and depression can then bring about inner growth, increase self-reliance, and ease change in any areas of life